Atlas Copco And Its Affiliated Companies Care About Your Privacy And Are Committed To Protecting Your Personal Information In Accordance With Fair Information Practices And Applicable Data Privacy Laws.
This privacy notice explains how Atlas Copco and its subsidiaries (“Atlas Copco,” “we,” “us” and “our”) collect, use and share personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you (“Personal Information”).
In case there would be any further country specific privacy requirements, please consult our relevant country page.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The Controller of your data is the Atlas Copco group company that initially collected your data and decided the purposes and means for using your data.
If you have questions about who the Controller of your data is or any other questions about your data, please contact the Atlas Copco group privacy officer via email@example.com.
IP Address, Internet Browser, Operating Systems, Domain Names
When you enter our website, we may collect your computer’s IP address. The IP address does not identify you as an individual but does identify your Internet service provider. Other non-personally identifiable information that we may collect include the type of Internet browser used, the type of computer operating system used, and the domain name of the website from which you visited our site. The information is aggregated to provide broad demographic information, such as the geographic location of visitors and how long they stay on our site. Collecting this type of information allows us to administer our site, diagnose server problems, analyze trends and statistics, and provide better customer service.
When you visit our website, we may send “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small text file or piece of data that a website that you visit can place or save onto your computer. Cookies do not themselves contain any personally identifiable information. However, if you provide such personally identifiable information to us, such information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. There are two types of cookies. The first type saves a file for a longer period of time onto your computer, and it can remain on your computer after you shut it off. Such cookie could, for example, be used to tell a visitor what information on the website has been updated since his or her last visit to that website. The second type of cookie is called “session cookie.” While you are visiting a website, session cookies are temporarily stored in your computer’s memory. This could be done, for example, to keep track of what language you have chosen at the website. Session cookies are not stored for a long period of time on your computer, since they disappear when you close your web browser. We may use third parties to assist us in collecting or processing information obtained through cookies.
- to compile anonymous statistics related to patterns and trends of browsing;
- to user adapt website content or functions;
- to provide assistance to, or track site visits of users, of certain Internet-based services;
- to enable users with passwords to re-enter certain web pages without having to re-type previously typed information.
How to Avoid Cookies:
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
- Within Atlas Copco: business functions which require access to your data in order to perform our contractual and legal obligations (i.e. sales, accounting, operations, legal) or for the purpose of our legitimate interests (i.e. marketing).
- Third parties: we may use third parties to provide or perform services and functions on our behalf. We may make personal information available to those third parties to perform these services and functions. Any processing of that personal information will be on our instructions and compatible with the original purposes.
- As required by law: we may also make personal information available to public or judicial authorities, law enforcement personnel and agencies as required by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and including to agencies and courts in the countries where we operate. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose personal information to third parties (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external audit, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- Mergers and acquisitions: personal information may be transferred to a party acquiring all or part of the equity or assets of Atlas Copco or its business operations in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or other.
- Affiliates: we may also transfer and share information to Atlas Copco affiliates in compliance with applicable law
Because Atlas Copco is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your Personal Information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. We will transfer your Personal Information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out above. Within the Atlas Copco group of companies, Personal Information is transferred subject to the same rules and levels of security. If required, data processing agreements will be in place to ensure the necessary level of protection.
Atlas Copco relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of Personal Information across borders. To the extent that Atlas Copco relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) to authorize transfer, Atlas Copco will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Notice.
Atlas Copco will not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information outside the Atlas Copco group of companies, except to:
- service providers Atlas Copco has retained to perform services on our behalf. Atlas Copco will only share your Personal Information with service providers whom Atlas Copco has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to, in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
We will retain your personal information as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you or as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
- You have the right to obtain without constraint at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense a copy of all data relating to you that are processed.
- You have the right to obtain the rectification or update of inaccurate or out-of-date personal information.
- You have the right to erasure of personal data.
- You have the right to object, at any time on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, unless that processing is required by law. Where the objection is justified, the processing must cease.
- You may have the right to request data portability. Data portability is the provision of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form so that it may be transferred to another company easily. The right to data portability is subject to restrictions i.e. data portability does not apply to paper records and must not prejudice the rights of others or sensitive company information.
- You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated decision making if those decisions produce legal effect or significantly affect you.
- You have the right to withdraw any consent previously granted for a specific purpose, if consent is the legal basis for the processing of your personal information.
We respect these rights and have processes in place to recognize and respond to individuals wishing to exercise these rights. You may request to exercise any of these rights through your local contact or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlas Copco is committed to making sure that your personal information processed is kept secure and has implemented appropriate technical measures and security policies that protect the information it has under its control from:
- Unauthorized access.
- Improper use or disclosure.
- Unauthorized modification.
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss.All Atlas Copco personnel and any third parties which Atlas Copco engages to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
PRIVACY CONCERNS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of privacy law or any other regulation by Atlas Copco, you can contact email@example.com.
An Atlas Copco Privacy Officer will be made available to investigate your complaint and give you information about how it will be handled.
If we do not address any of your requests or fail to provide you with a valid reason why we are unable to do so, you have the right to contact supervisory authority to make a complaint. You can find your local supervisory authority at following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change, modify and update this privacy notice at any time. Please check periodically to ensure that you have reviewed the most current notice.